Exhibition Park in Canberra – EPIC
Located just 6km from the Perth CBD and 20 minutes from Canberra Airport, Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC) is easily accessible by public transport or car.
If you are travelling north on Northbourne Ave (Federal Highway), turn left at the traffic lights onto Flemington Road. The main entrance (Gate 2) is located approximately 200 metres on your right (note there may be no right turn into the venue at various times of the day and during the staging of major events).
Alternatively, you can continue to the second set of traffic lights located near the Service Station/McDonalds. Turn left onto Stirling Avenue and enter through Gate 4.
Exhibition Park in Canberra has ample car parking available onsite for events, including designated car parks, building forecourts and grassed areas. Additional car parking facilities may also be available at Canberra Thoroughbred Racecourse (subject to availability).
*note some events may charge patrons for parking
For a map of the park please download the precinct map: site plan PDF
There are a number of public bus routes that service EPIC.
For the latest timetable information, check the Transport Canberra website – http://www.transport.act.gov.au/
There is also a taxi pick-up and drop-off area located at the main entrance gates off Flemington Road. To contact Canberra Cabs, call 132227.
For entry to EPIC from the EPIC & Racecourse Light rail stop on Flemington Road walk towards Northbourne Avenue and cross with the traffic lights at Gate 2. Light rail will be will be operational during each day of the event.
Light rail schedule:
- Monday to Thursday from 6am – 11.30pm
- Friday from 6am – Saturday 1am
- Saturday from 6am – Sunday 1am
- Sunday and Public Holidays from 8am – 11.30pm.
Services will run:
- during peak times from Monday to Friday (services will run every 6 minutes)
- between peak times from Monday to Friday (services will run every 10 minutes)
- outside peak times from Monday to Friday (services will run every 10–15 minutes)
- on Saturdays and Sundays (services will run at 15 minute intervals throughout the day).
Visit the Transport Canberra website for further information.